The Perfect Homework for Youngsters
b4 is perfect for homework. Why?
It focuses on the most important thing you can teach young learners – the sounds. Why?
- Before we start to speak we set the sounds in our brains. We focus on the sounds of our native language and the sounds of a 2nd language become increasingly difficult.
- That is to say, from a very early age some sounds of a 2nd language become difficult to hear, difficult to distinguish.
- The difficult sounds can be learned, however, but they have to be made audible! If students can hear the sounds, they can learn to distinguish them.
- The proven method is called High Variability Phonemic Training (HVPT). It is minimal pairs exaggerated and spoken by many voices.
- b4 offers practice in this proven method.
- Hearing the sounds if simply fundamental. This practice will improve speaking, listening and will make phonics more effective.
- These claims are all backed by research and the research is discussed in the posts of this blog. Look to past posts.
- All children have to do is listen. Short exposures are best. 5 – 10 minutes at a time. It is the perfect homework.
What to listen to? b4 at aka-kara.com. HVPT is what we do!